FAQ



--------------------

What kind of dog is Misty?

Misty is a mix as far as we know. We think she is mainly a German Short-hair Pointer. Part gypsy. Part trash eater. Part chipmunk chaser and one-fifth unicorn.

Where did you get Misty from?

Misty is a southerner through and through. More on that here and here.

Any tips for getting your dog to stay with you when hiking?

This is a tough one. We were pretty lucky with Misty as she generally likes to stay with us and she has been that way from the get go. Before Misty I had a dog that just couldn't be trusted loose. As a general rule of thumb for Misty we tend to: keep her within eye sight, if the trail is super busy keep her leashed, and call her back frequently so that she is is aware we are all together.

More outdoorsy dog tips and reviews can be found here.

Is this your full time job?

I wish! Mainly being outdoors is my full time passion, but rarely gets to actually full time 'cept for a few weeks a year. I started blogging mainly because it has always been my dream to write and photograph for the outdoor industry. Since National Geographic isn't exactly knocking on my door- I had to start my own little niche in the outdoor industry and I've been lovin' it ever since.

How long have you been biking?

Ummmm...always a hard question because I've been biking my whole life, mountain biking for anywheres between 10-15 years, road biking for 5 ish, and riding bikes backwards for roughly 10 years. Does that answer your question?